4 mark questions
- Explain two contrasting ways in which Muslims might give zakah.
- Explain two contrasting understandings of the festival of Ashura.
- Explain two contrasting ways in which Muslims today might celebrate Id-ul-Fitr.
5 mark questions
- Explain two Muslim ways in which Muslims pray.
- Explain two ways in which Muslims show that the Shahadah is important.
- Explain two ways in which Sunni and Shia Muslims might have different religious practices.
Remember, each question is followed by the line: Refer to sacred writings or another source of Muslim belief and teaching in your answer.
12 mark questions
- ‘Jihad is the centre of everyday life for all Muslims.’
- ‘Id-ul-Adha is the most important Muslim festival.’
- ‘Fasting during Ramadan is an essential part of being a Muslim.’
Each of these questions has the following instructions after the statement:
Evaluate the statement.
In your answer you should:
- refer to Muslim teaching
- give reasoned arguments to support this statement
- give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
- reach a justified conclusion