4 mark questions
- Explain two contrasting beliefs in contemporary British society about euthanasia.
- Explain two similar beliefs about the origins of the world.
- Explain two similar beliefs about the use of the environment.
If the question refers to ‘beliefs in contemporary British society’, at least one part of your answer must be about Christian views.
5 mark questions
- Explain two religious beliefs about the origins of life.
- Explain two religious beliefs about the duty of humans in creation.
- Explain two religious beliefs about the sanctity of life.
Remember, each question is followed by the line:Refer to sacred writings or another source of religious belief and teaching in your answer.
12 mark questions
- ‘Quality of life is more helpful than sanctity of life when making decisions about euthanasia.’
- ‘Using animals to benefit humans is acceptable.’
- ‘Religious teachings about the origins of life have no value anymore.’
Each of these questions has the following instructions after the statement:
Evaluate the statement.
In your answer you:
- should give reasoned arguments in support of this statement
- should give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
- should refer to religious arguments
- may refer to non-religious arguments
- should reach a justified conclusion