4 mark questions
- Explain two contrasting beliefs in contemporary British society about when violence is justified.
- Explain two similar beliefs about terrorism.
- Explain two similar beliefs about reconciliation.
If the question refers to ‘beliefs in contemporary British society’, at least one part of your answer must be about Christian views.
5 mark questions
- Explain two religious beliefs about the sue of violence in protests.
- Explain two religious beliefs about when war is justified.
- Explain two religious beliefs about how to respond to victims of war.
Remember, each question is followed by the line:Refer to sacred writings or another source of religious belief and teaching in your answer.
12 mark questions
- ‘Violence can never be justified.’
- ‘Peace-making is the most important thing religious people can do.’
- ‘Nuclear weapons are an excellent deterrence.’
Each of these questions has the following instructions after the statement:
Evaluate the statement.
In your answer you:
- should give reasoned arguments in support of this statement
- should give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
- should refer to religious arguments
- may refer to non-religious arguments
- should reach a justified conclusion