4 mark questions
- Explain two contrasting beliefs in contemporary British society about miracles.
- Explain two similar beliefs about general revelation.
- Explain two similar beliefs evil as an argument against the existence of God
If the question refers to ‘beliefs in contemporary British society’, at least one part of your answer must be about Christian views.
5 mark questions
- Explain two religious beliefs about using miracles to argue for the existence of God.
- Explain two religious beliefs about special revelation.
- Explain two religious beliefs about science being used to show that God does not exist.
Remember, each question is followed by the line:Refer to sacred writings or another source of religious belief and teaching in your answer.
12 mark questions
- ‘Miracles are impossible.’
- ‘The existence of evil and suffering proves that God does not exist.’
- ‘Special revelation has more value than general revelation.’
Each of these questions has the following instructions after the statement:
Evaluate the statement.
In your answer you:
- should give reasoned arguments in support of this statement
- should give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
- should refer to religious arguments
- may refer to non-religious arguments
- should reach a justified conclusion