Kantian ethics (Religion and Ethics 2a)
- What kind of theory is Kantian Ethics?
- What is the moral law?
- What did Kant mean when he referred to the good will and duty?
- What is meant by the term a posteriori knowledge?
- What is meant by the term a priori knowledge?
- What type of knowledge was moral knowledge?
- What is meant by the term hypothetical imperative?
- What is meant by the term categorical imperative?
- What are the three formulations of the Categorical Imperative? Explain what each one means.
- What are the three postulates?
- What is the Summum Bonnum?
- Why is an afterlife with God essential for Kant?
- Give three strengths of Kantian Ethics
- Give three weaknesses of Kantian Ethics
- Which scholars could you refer to? What do they say? What quotes could you use?